tehsoapbox.net Forum Index tehsoapbox.net
Death is caused by ingesting small amounts of saliva over a very long period of time. True story.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Donate to the TipjarDonate to the Tipjar  Get a Custom TitleCustom Titles 

Posting Copyrighted and/or External Content - Please Read

Post new topic      Reply to topic    tehsoapbox.net Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roughy

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Posting Copyrighted and/or External Content - Please Read Reply with quote

Hello, Boxers...

Lately, we've been seeing more and more full articles that are either copyright protected or from external sources. We're pretty clear about our stance on this, but it continues to happen so I need to put the following out there for everyone to be aware of:

From The Posting Guidelines:

Quote:
Copyrights:
Please post a summary and links to articles, rather than posting the whole article; when you post an entire article, you a) slow things down for modem users, b) take up excess space in the database, and c) potentially expose us to a copyright liability issue. Posting a brief excerpt is OK, posting 10 or 12 paragraphs is not. Please also always credit the original source with a link.

Bolding is mine.

As one of the people who actually "own" the box (edited to clarify: by "own the box", I mean the ownership of the server "box" that this site resides on) and gets to assume liability, regardless of fancy terms, etc., I need to make it clear that this behavior will need to stop--one way or another--and it's getting very tiresome to police these and constantly remind people, while getting ignored.

If you wish to continually disrespect this board and expose this board to any risk, then you are sending a message about your desire to be here.

This is a final request to cease the behavior.

Thank you for your cooperation and support.
Post new topic      Reply to topic    tehsoapbox.net Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Username

Jump to: